Newborn Chiropractic Care
The in-utero environment (depending on babies position) and birth can be hard on a baby’s body. Early chiropractic treatments can greatly improve many symptoms that can occur from the transition from womb to mom’s arms.
Chiropractic can Help: Difficult Birth Experiences:
- Very short labor
- Very long labor
- Induction of labor
- Baby’s head was pulled during delivery
- Baby delivered using suction
- Breech presentation
- Cesarean birth
Signs your Baby may Benefit from Chiropractic Treatments:
- Difficulty latching
- Sleeping issues
- Excessive spitting up
- Torticollis and reflux
- Ear infections
Chiropractic Treatment Methods for Infants:
- Cranio Sacral Therapy (CST): gentle, hands-on method of evaluating and enhancing the functioning of the craniosacral system – comprised of the membranes and cerebrospinal fluid that surround and protect the brain and spinal cord. Soft touch releases restrictions in the craniosacral system to improve the function of the central nervous system.
- Light Touch Manual Adjustment: very light fingertip pressure to correct spinal misalignments. The amount of pressure is often no more than a finger touch. This is usually sufficient to restore mobility to spinal joints which can become locked causing interference to normal nervous system function.
- Activator: a hand-held, spring-loaded instrument-based manipulation/adjustment tool delivering a lighter and gentler adjustment. The activator instrument controls the force and speed of the adjustment.
Did you know?
- In a study of 316 infants for the treatment of colic, 94% of the children treated through chiropractic care showed remarkable improvement. After four weeks, the improvements were maintained. J Manipulative Physiol Ther. 1989 (Aug); 12 (4): 281-288
- In a study of 332 children with chronic ear infections ranging from 3 weeks to 5 years old, over 80% of children treated through chiropractic care DID NOT have even ONE more ear infection over the next 6 months. J Clin Chiropractic Pediatrics, 1997; Vol 2 (2): 167-183
- In a study to test the effectiveness of chiropractic care for the treatment of ADD/ADHD in children, researchers found that five of seven children showed improvement in mean behavioral scores and four of seven showed improvement in arousal levels with chiropractic care. The improvement in the group as a whole was highly significant. J Manipulative Physiol Ther 1989; 12 (5) Oct: 353-363
Pediatric Chiropractic Care
Kids are active and hard on their bodies. This can cause spinal misalignments (subluxations) which can result in many symptoms. Regular chiropractic treatments can prevent these symptoms and promote overall wellness.
Signs that your Child might Benefit from Chiropractic care:
- Digestive issues
- Allergies / sinus issues
- Frequent infections
- Sleep irregularities
- Bed wetting
- Physical / developmental delays
- Ear infections
- Falls / rough play
- Not feeling well
Learn more about chiropractic care and Ear Infections here.